… based on our previous experience with Woodpecker and Blackbird Turntables we have refined our applied concepts. The ability to handle two 12 inch tonearms was one of the principle design parameters along with simplifying the turntable setup and alignment procedures. We also focused on the visual perspective as well with evolutionary refinements in our form factor, fit and finish and presence. From a tonal standpoint the Firebird represents the pinnacle of the DFA product line, it is truly our new reference turntable.
… timeless elegance paired with perfect measurements. Ease of use at a new level that improves upon the experience from our smaller models. Easier to set up as we also designed new feet that allow a much wider range of leveling capability along with improved sonics. In addition we have also implemented and improved our well known built-in Protractor TT for setting up tonearms and cartridges. An all new and more refined armboard-design that makes assembly even easier than before with enhanced accuracy. You‘ll be amazed at how simple it is to achieve the best performance.
- Belt-drive turntable, 3 motors, 2 tonearms
- Quick-release system for tonearms/armboards
- Integrated Protractor for cartridge/tonearm alignment
- Dimensions: 560 mm x 460 mm x 160 mm
- Right arm-slot: 205 – 345 mm pivot-spindle (9 – 14 inch eff. length)
- Left arm-slot (optional): 205 – 300 mm pivot-spindle (9 – 12 inch eff. length)
- Weight: 23 kg (chassis), 29 kg (w/o tonearm)
- Warranty: 2 years (chassis and electronics), 5 years (bearing)