This product has no reviews yet.
Kondo Audio Note GE-1 Phono
High-quality analog reproduction
Designed to be the companion Phono amplifier of Integrated amplifier Overture and Pre-amplifier G-70, GE-1 gives the best out of analog playback with high definition and rich musical characters.
The newly developed phono amplifier circuitry is fueled by a gigantic power supply section. This special design draws the charms out of all recordings no matter matching with vacuum tube or solid state amplifier.
With intimate and crystal clear sound, GE-1 will definitely fill your audio enjoyment with ultimate pleasures.
- Output circuit is constructed by 2-stages NF+ cathode follower to reach low output impedance. It ensures freshness sound.
- A cut core power transformer with minimal magnetic flux leakage is adopted, providing best foundation for good sound quality.
- Decoupling capacitors are carefully placed along 4 different sections to create shortest routes on NFB paths, making signal loop with best purity.
- High sound quality low cut-off filter at the output stage is formed by a signal coupling capacitor and a user selectable loading resistance.
- Large scale bridge diode and TO3 transistor are employed at the DC heater circuit, realizing natural sound with deep texture.
- With best component placements, signal wiring and ground layout over module structure.
- Adopt original quality parts such as SSW (silk silver wire), silver foil capacitors etc.
- Pure copper sub-chassis is used to realize lively and open sound.
Phono amplifier module
Modularization of a phono amplifier section realizes the shortness signal path and the merit of hand wiring, especially when NFB loop is considered. Moreover, high purity signal loop are formed by placing 4 decoupling capacitors around the module.
Also taking consideration that a transistor pre-amplifier may be connected, GE-1 is possible to load with input impedance as low as 20kΩ.
Power Supply Circuit for Main and Filament
Rectification tube in use is 6X4. Power transformer design, which we paid high attention to vibration countermeasures, was fixed after long time of listening tests and comparisons.
Ripple filter capacitors (400μF) and decoupling capacitors (about 500μF /ch) are layout at the best circuit positions. Decoupling capacitors for right and left are also placed independently for cathode follower and equalizer sections. 4 signal loops were formed and inter-stages interferences are removed thoroughly.
In order to ensure powerful ripple rejections and the stability against voltage fluctuation, audio grade TO3 type transistors are adopted. Result is low impedance DC line and high purity sound.
In addition, the selection of CR and the large bridge diode further enhance liveliness of music.
A simple low cut filter by selectable load resistance
GE-1’s output stage load resistance (3 steps selectable) and the input impedance of the preamplifier formed a resultant impedance of 20kΩ. It works as a low-cut filter together with the output stage coupling capacitor. This design gives natural and gentle characteristics to the filter. No loss of sound quality while reducing rumble ingredients.
Super High Quality Parts
All parts were carefully chosen after massive hours of listening tests. SSW silk silver wires, original silver foil capacitors(NFB part), original cutcore power transformer, silver lead resistors, original RCA jacks etc. All CR part are carefully selected and arranged.
|Product||Stereo NF type phono equalizer amplifier|
|RIAA Declination||±0.5dB (30Hz-20kHz, Excluding LCF)|
|Input / Impedance||2pairs (RCA, unbalanced) / 47kΩ|
|Output||1pair (RCA, unbalanced, over 20 kΩ load)|
|Noise||less than 0.5mV|
|Tubes||6072 x3, 6X4 x1|
|Dimension||303mm(W) 160mm(H) 260mm(D)